NSB MD is offering COVID Testing!
Please call our office to schedule an appointment for COVID Testing. (386)387-2203
For more information on telemedicine click here.
Below are several frequently asked questions in regards to the Coronavirus.
What is the Coronavirus?
How does Coronavirus spread?
The virus primarily spreads from person to person when the respiratory droplets of an infected person are ejected by a cough, sneeze, laugh or even talking. These droplets can land in the mouths or the nose of people or be inhaled into the lungs.
It may be possible that the virus spread by touching the surface that has the virus on it and then touching the mouth, nose, eyes or inhaling it into the lungs. A study of the coronaviruses has shown the virus to remain on metal, glass or plastic from 2 hours to nine days. However, Coronaviruses are fairly easy to destroy. They can be killed by an ethanol, hydrogen peroxide or a bleach based cleaner.
Patients should avoid physical contact with others and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Washing your hands before touching your face is the number one priority to protect yourself. You may also follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask at the following link.
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
- Trouble Breathing
- Runny Nose
How do I prevent getting Coronavirus?
- Wear a mask when in public
- Wash our hands regularly for 20 seconds with soaps and water. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid close contact with others (Recommended 6 feet in between)
- Stay home if you or someone you live with is sick
- Follow CDC guidelines
- Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Attend large social functions such as concerts or sporting events
- Leave your home if you or someone you live with is sick
What if I don’t want to leave my house?
If you’re worried that by leaving your house you may come in contact with COVID-19, NSB MD offers our own telemedicine options for you. You will be able to discuss current health conditions with one of our healthcare providers in the comfort of your home. For more information on telemedicine click here.